Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

What's Going On?

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 7 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 745 at 07:47 AM on 11-17-2020.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Current Hot100 Tracks W/E 5.25.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Current Hot100 Tracks W/E 5.25.13

A new #1 this week, 10 new tracks enter the chart and lots of songs flying up and down the survey is the short of it as an astounding 56 records receive bullets for improved performance over the prior chart.

At #1 is Fitz & The Tantrums very catchy Out Of My League, which to me is reminiscent of the great early 80s single Just Got Lucky by JoBoxers. It doesn't appear to have long at the top though as Robin Thicke is already #2 in 6 short weeks. However, Blurred Lines is one of those songs that can have severe burnout and as I've been playing it quite heavily, may itself not have a long stay at #1. The #3 & #4 songs, by The Neighborhood & Biffy Clyro, each drop 2 spots but retain their bullet, somewhat of a chart oddity.

The 10 debuts are led by chart veteran Donell Jones, he of the massive #1 hit You Know That I Love You all the way back in 2002. He jumps in all the way at #59. Other notable artists debuting this week include Raheem DeVaughn at #62, Bruno Mars at #78, Sick Puppies at #87, Sean Kingston at #95 and Brandy at #98.

With so many bulleted singles, it will be interesting to see which ones survive over the long haul and which ones can't maintain their momentum. Since a whopping 23 of 27 songs between the 34-60 portion of the chart improved their popularity this week, many will be jostling for better positions in the coming weeks. But some will eventually be caught up in the numbers game and not succeed.

As that happens it's possible we won't see as many songs flying up the chart. For now we have several big movers; M83 after a slow start bounds 86-58, Silversun Pickups 80-57, Daft Punk 65-47, Dropkick Murphys 70-52 and Jaheim 61-46 to name a few.

Among the down on their luck songs this week, Muse with a freefall of near epic proportions, as Supremacy goes 17-68. But not to feel bad for the British lads, the song made a splash as an album track prior to their show at MSG and hung around the Top20 for several weeks after the concert. Other songs plummeting this week include tracks by the Mowgli's 36-66, Phoenix 42-72, Three Days Grace 41-75 and Foals 45-79.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/W...K3h0QTJFQk1UQw
    I'd rather a daughter a whore, than a son who's a Broncos fan.
Working...
X