Today's Birthdays

Collapse

What's Going On?

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 8 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 745 at 07:47 AM on 11-17-2020.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 CFB Prediction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 CFB Prediction Thread

We had a nice discussion last year amongst us college football mongos. Let's try to get that going again. I'll do a preview of each conference, followed by BCS Bowl predictions at the end. ACC preview will be up in a little bit...
    Twitter: @johnw8788

2011 ACC Preview

Atlantic

1) Florida St- Darkhorse national title contender if they can win their game vs Oklahoma. Fisher has done a tremendous job recruiting and even though they lose Ponder, EJ Manuel saw valuable playing time last season. They should easily win the Atlantic division and the conference.

2) Maryland- Edsall walks into a perfect situation this year, so I expect them to do quite well, unfortunately. However, QB’s have regressed under him so I wouldn’t be shocked to see stud QB Danny O’Brien take a step back. The season will be a failure if they don’t win more than 7 games.

3) Clemson- Always talented, but always underachievers. Same story this year. I could see them finishing anywhere from 2nd-5th, but I’ll put them in the middle of the division.

4) NC State- Russell Wilson is gone, but highly touted recruit Sean Glennon is ready to step in. I think this is a transition year for NC State, but O’Brien is a good coach so I expect them to at least make a bowl game.

5) Boston College- One site I saw had them picked 2nd in this division. I don’t see it at all. They have NO OFFENSE. Pretty good D that will keep them in games, but they can’t score. Probably win 6 or 7 games and go to a shitty bowl because the ACC doesn’t care about them. Typical BC year to me.

6) Wake Forest- Awful. They had a lot of young guys last year but quite frankly, I don’t think experience will matter much. I just don’t think their players are that good. Hard to fathom this team was in the Orange Bowl a few years ago. Grobe could be on his way out with another 3-9 year.

Coastal

1) Virginia Tech- Beamer’s teams are always great on defense and special teams. This year will be no exception. Tyrod Taylor is gone, so there will be growing pains on offense. But I still think they take the division. There really isn't anyone else that should scare them in this division besides Miami, but that game is in Blacksburg

2) Miami- Poor coaching and an overrated QB can explain Miami’s average seasons recently. Al Golden from Temple is a huge upgrade over Randy Shannon, so much so I think they can actually win this division. Dangerous team.

3) North Carolina- UNC had so many guys taken in the draft, it’s incredible to think about what last year could have been if not for the violations with the NCAA. Davis should have them back in a bowl game.

4) Georgia Tech- Johnson’s option offense has been effective at Tech, but it is easy to figure out before bowl games and their defense has been awful. Nesbitt is gone, so there will be a QB competition. I see another 6-6 type season for Tech.

5) Virginia- Much improved under Mike London. They certainly play much harder for him than they did under Al Groh, you saw that last season. If things break right, I could see Virginia sneaking into a bowl game. Lots of returning starters.

6) Duke- Another team much improved but still a year away from bowl eligibility I think. Both bottom teams are going in the right direction though.

BCS Representative: Florida St

I’d be shocked if FSU wasn’t in the Orange Bowl. There really isn’t much in this league once again. Lots of mediocre teams, I wouldn’t be surprised to see 9 or 10 bowl teams, but all with very average records. FSU is the best of the bunch by far.

NEXT UP: Big 12

Comment

I predict there is a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Russo View Post
        I predict there is a season.
        haha very true!

Comment

I predict Rutgers schedule will be very soft outside of the big east
          Your 20 years old , what are you doing yelling at me. Are you out of your mind. MF to E. Roberts 1/20/2010

Comment

Great stawt...I was seriously going to start this up today. My top 5 for each conference...

ACC
            Flor St.
            BC
            Va Tech
            Maryland
            Clemson

Big East
            West Virginar
            South Floridar
            Louisville
            Rutgiz
            Pitt

Big 12
            Oklahomar
            Tex A+M
            Oklahomar St
            Texas
            Baylor

Big 10
            Wisconsin
            Nebraskar
            Mich St.
            Penn St.
            Michigan

Pac 10
            Oregon
            Stanfid
            Arizonar
            Arizonar St.
            Utahr

SEC
            Bamar
            LSU
            S. Car
            Georgia
            Arkansas
            Rest In Peace John P. Cloninger

Comment

BCS Bowls

National Championship
              Wisconsin vs. Oklahomar

Rose
              Oregon vs. Nebraskar

Fiesta
              LSU vs. Boise St.

Sugar
              Bamar vs. Stanfid

Orange
              FSU vs. W. Virginar
              Heisman

Landry Jones
              LaMichael James
              Andrew Luck
              Trent Richardson
              Kellen Moore
              This years Auburn/Teams that may surprise

Penn St
              Arkansar
              Arizonar St.
              Central Floridar
              Iowar
              Overall Analysis

Big 12 looks to be down this year...I think Oklahomar can really roll through the conference even though I have no faith in Stoops in a big spot. Bama might be the best team but I cant see them getting through the SEC unscathed. Ill pick Wisconsin to make it to the title game. They got close last year and I think the addition of Wilson to go along with the strong running game and defense will help push them over the top.

Comment

Wow...you are really high on Wisconsin! I could definitely see them winning the Big 10. I'm not sure about the title game though. That is a bold prediction for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Checker on a Checker View Post
                  Wow...you are really high on Wisconsin! I could definitely see them winning the Big 10. I'm not sure about the title game though. That is a bold prediction for sure!
                  Im usually a Wisonsin hater but I wanted to stay away from the Bamar/Oklahomar prediction and they dont play an away game till like their 7th game! Plus Al Toon was my favorite Jet of all time so Ill be rooting for his son

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Bensons Ad Agency View Post
                    Im usually a Wisonsin hater but I wanted to stay away from the Bamar/Oklahomar prediction and they dont play an away game till like their 7th game! Plus Al Toon was my favorite Jet of all time so Ill be rooting for his son
                    Very true...Bamar/Oklahomar seems to be the standard pick. Wisconsin making it to the title game would be good too because Mike hates Bilema, he would erupt if that ever happened haha.

Comment

Preseason poll is out

1. Oklahoma (42) 12-2 1454 6
                      2. Alabama (13) 10-3 1414 11
                      3. Oregon (2) 12-1 1309 3
                      4. LSU (2) 11-2 1296 8
                      5. Florida State 10-4 1116 16
                      6. Stanford 12-1 1101 4
                      7. Boise State 12-1 1065 7
                      8. Oklahoma State 11-2 933 10
                      9. Texas A&M 9-4 885 21
                      10. Wisconsin 11-2 829 8
                      11. Nebraska 10-4 814 19
                      12. South Carolina 9-5 779 22
                      13. Virginia Tech 11-3 767 15
                      14. Arkansas 10-3 750 12
                      15. TCU 13-0 687 2
                      16. Ohio State 12-1 631 5
                      17. Michigan State 11-2 536 14
                      18. Notre Dame 8-5 440 —
                      19. Auburn 14-0 329 1
                      20. Mississippi State 9-4 301 17
                      21. Missouri 10-3 266 18
                      22. Georgia 6-7 260 —
                      23. Florida 8-5 240 —
                      24. Texas 5-7 162 —
                      25. Penn State 7-6 161 —
                      Too high for me: Floridar St, Oklahomar St., Ohio St.

Too low: TCU, South Carolinar, Michigan St.

Comment

I think Auburn and Texas being ranked is nuts. No surprise seeing Oklahomar as #1 though.

Haven't been able to do the rest of my conference breakdowns, but I'll post the rest of my picks later.

Comment

Alright official picks:

ACC: Floridar St
                          Big East: USF
                          Big 10: Wisconsin
                          Big 12: Oklahomar
                          SEC: LSU
                          Pac 12: Oregon

BCS Games:
                          Orange: Florida St vs USF
                          Fiesta: Texas A&M vs Boise St
                          Sugar: Alabama vs Notre Dame
                          Rose: Wisconsin vs Oregon
                          BCS Title Game: Oklahoma vs LSU

Comment

Everyones going :gaga: about da linebackah bein injuhed for Oklahomar. Sorry but I dont think its a yuge deal, as along as Landry Jones is Landry Jones and Bobby Stoops keeps runnin up da score they'll be fine

Comment

Checker- I presume you are going to do that Pick'Em league on here? I have a title to defend.
                              THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE
                              What's today's circus?

Comment

Working...
                              X