Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

What's Going On?

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 745 at 07:47 AM on 11-17-2020.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your 2015 Mets: Lets hope its not a Mess again amiright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 2015 Mets: Lets hope its not a Mess again amiright

I have been battling myself all offseason on the mets. One second I love their upside and then the next second I cant stand anything that the team is doing. I am trying not to be completely negative because I realize the 2 overwhealming positives. deGromm and Harvey...Two guys that could be absolute ACE pitchers...and they have shown as much in the spring

The rest of the rotation right now is 1 point that drives me to drink...I don't see how Colon, Niese and Gee all need to be there. Montero, Matz or Syndergaard have to be in this rotation. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Maybe you ride Colon until he collapses but they cant be here all year.

Daniel Murphy...It is clear to everyone he will not be on the mets this time next year. If they do not trade him it will be an ultimate disgrace. He should have been traded in the offseason, if not at the deadline last year. Herrera proved last year that he could at least hold his own. Why not let him do that. If not Reynolds is there, and Flores if they ever get a shortstop.

The outfield looks improved, there is no denying that. Could it use an upgrade at one of the corner, probably. Would Granderson, Duda and Cuddyer splitting time be optimal yes. But Granderson has his stroke back this spring and looks good, despite the K's which you know are coming. Cuddyer looks fantastic. You just have to hope its not an Alou scenario and that he stays healthy. I werry about him being injured...it werries me

Can dunno be the player we want him to be...I hope so...although I hate him in the number 7

BRING HOME REYES AND THE FANS WILL GO HAM

fistpump
    The Lost Society was filmed before a dead studio audience...

Originally posted by Dave in the City Out West
    I support evolution of cuisine in all venues, including the sporting facility
    Mortadella is the grown up cousin of bologna. Very good, and proving to be one of my favorite meats.

1 2 3 mets

1 2 3 rise

1 2 3 begin

1 2 3 again

1 2 3 gritty

1 2 3 gutty

1 2 3 duda

1 2 3 murph

1 2 3 harv

1 2 3 believe

wide open NL East

good luck otti
    Originally posted by The Mawquis
    And she shouldn't be wearing horizontal stripes in that scenario...doesn't help her cause.

Imagine Mike wearing horizontal stripes.

Comment

gimme 84 wins, within sight of the 2nd NL Wild Card spot but falling short

Collins won't last the season...Backman or someone else comes in and lights a fire under the team
      Originally posted by Sports Pope
      Gruden could paint a rosy picture of Dupp's bathroom as Mike goes thermonuclear on the bowl after a night of chili dogs.

"Great! His and hers towels! Is this ceramic tile, Mike?"
      Originally posted by A Couple Quickies
      Mike is an ignoramus. Watching him try to understand things is like watching a cricket trying to drive a bulldozer

Comment

Nats lineup is in disarray going into the season. Rendon, Werth, and Span probably all miss Opening Day. Need to sneak in a W or 2 in this first series.

Yes, I know, their starting pitching is all healthy: Scherzer, Zimmerman, Strasburg to open.

Comment

"I make so few [mistakes] compared to other people and I'm on so much longer and cover so much more stuff than people, but I know I'm going to be and should be held to a higher standard,"
          All content and writing contained is for amusement purposes only. The board is a parody site with many fabricated and exaggerated fictional pieces on public figures. There should be no implication that any writing is factual as its done for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Get me to the home opener at 3-3.

Comment

Comment

Mets announce Dillon Gee is the 5th starter. Because of course they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddle Elphier View Post
                  Mets announce Dillon Gee is the 5th starter. Because of course they do.
                  :vomit:

Mortadella is the grown up cousin of bologna. Very good, and proving to be one of my favorite meats.

Comment

Originally posted by Say Hello to Ottis View Post
                    :vomit:
                    On another note, they're close to a 4 year $23 million extension on Juan Lagares with a $9.5 million option on the fifth year. Deal starts next year, so the deal is for 2016-2019 with a club option for 2020.

Comment

On another note, they're close to a 4 year $23 million extension on Juan Lagares with a $9.5 million option on the fifth year. Deal starts next year, so the deal is for 2016-2019 with a club option for 2020.
                      when things are getting me excited they make a "gee announcement"...

when they make an announcement that sucks they make a "lagares announcement"

da mets

Comment

Fangraphs ranks the Mets 6th in the sport in projected total 2015 WAR for starting pitchers.

Comment

Fangraphs ranks the Mets 6th in the sport in projected total 2015 WAR for starting pitchers.

the 2 RP moves were very necessary...good job by sandy...still hate the middle infield situation but I wont beat a dead horse...need wilmers bat to show up heah

whats the offense ranked? is their a defensive ranking?

Comment

Originally posted by Say Hello to Ottis View Post
                            the 2 RP moves were very necessary...good job by sandy...still hate the middle infield situation but I wont beat a dead horse...need wilmers bat to show up heah

whats the offense ranked? is their a defensive ranking?
                            Total projected position-player WAR, offense plus defense, they're ranked 26th, with 19 WAR (tied with the White Sox and Mariners). Fangraphs is only projecting 1 WAR each out of LF and RF.

Angels are at the top, 35 WAR.

Surprisingly, at least to me, they have the Braves ranked high. 28 WAR, good for 5th.

Comment

Total projected position-player WAR, offense plus defense, they're ranked 26th, with 19 WAR (tied with the White Sox and Mariners). Fangraphs is only projecting 1 WAR each out of LF and RF.

Angels are at the top, 35 WAR.

Surprisingly, at least to me, they have the Braves ranked high. 28 WAR, good for 5th.
                              ughhh 26...that's not great...was thinking they'd be under 20

I don't see how the braves could be that high either...is Simmons just on the moon as far as WAR

Comment

Working...
                              X