Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

What's Going On?

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 1 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 745 at 07:47 AM on 11-17-2020.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPER BOWL WEEK 2012: 1/30 thru 2/3. Sign up for interviews here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPER BOWL WEEK 2012: 1/30 thru 2/3. Sign up for interviews here!

Hi everyone!

I'm pleased to announce the return of SUPER BOWL WEEK on the "Dave in the City" podcast.

Super bowl week means 5 podcasts, one every day (except possibly thursday) for the most complete super bowl coverage on the internet. It breaks down like this:

Part I - Initial Thoughts, First impressions, 2 hrs.
    Part II - Media Day, 1 hr.
    Part III - The Matchup, 2 hrs. [we'll still do random questions in hour two]
    Part IV - The Impact, 1 hr. (what the game means for both teams)
    Part V - Prop Bets, Predictions, 1 hr.

In addition to the above, we'll also be hosting Checker's Football Pick'em Super Bowl Podcast. That will air next Thursday morning most likely.

Stawting has RSVP'd for prop bets... hopefully Junk man can make it on Friday in addition to Wednesday.

Aside from that, the slots are wide open for interviews. Sign on up! Hope to see you there.
    In Memory of John P. Cloninger: 1974-2021. R.I.P. The Mawquis.. Twitter/Podcast: @DITCOW for "Sport", @diningwithdave for "Food."

I'd be willing to come on the show on 1/30 to talk about the Bulls/Heat aftermath from 1/29.

Wait, what?

Can't wait to listen!
    Originally posted by potroast
    I would jack harder than anyone has ever jacked if that deal ever took place

Comment

Originally posted by oomer View Post
      I'd be willing to come on the show on 1/30 to talk about the Bulls/Heat aftermath from 1/29.

Wait, what?

Can't wait to listen!
      In Memory of John P. Cloninger: 1974-2021. R.I.P. The Mawquis.. Twitter/Podcast: @DITCOW for "Sport", @diningwithdave for "Food."

Comment

I can do Wednesday
        Free Boosie

Comment

Quick Update

The Prop Bets Segment will be moved to Wednesday during our Random Questions hour. Stawting and Junkie may both be available at that time. Stawting is confirmed but most likely J-Man will be joining us as well.

Friday's show will be dedicated to predictions (not just for the game but for other elements of the game, i.e. broadcast, etc.)

Bread, thanks for letting me know about Wednesday. I'll slot you for Hour 1 on the Wednesday show. Should be fun!

Comment

I'll discuss Media Day if anything noteworthy happens that day.. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkier3 View Post
              When do we launch our Challenge podcast? thanks
              The Lost Society was filmed before a dead studio audience...

Originally posted by Dave in the City Out West
              I support evolution of cuisine in all venues, including the sporting facility
              Originally posted by Dave in the City Out West
              Mortadella is the grown up cousin of bologna. Very good, and proving to be one of my favorite meats.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkier3 View Post
                Dooooooo it! I'll earmark you for Tuesdee.

Originally posted by Say Hello to Ottis View Post
                When do we launch our Challenge podcast? thanks
                You'll have to find another network for that one.

Here's the latest schedule:

Monday - open
                Tuesday - Tomkier
                Wednesday - Bread Hr. 1; Junkie and Stawting Hr. 2 (Prop Bets)
                Thursday - Andrew Jacobsen
                Friday - open

Also scheduled but not decided on a timeslot: Matt Shapiro, Checker.

That's the guest list right now. This will be a fun week folks!

Comment

Are there going to be snacks?

Comment

I'd like to get in on this!
                    "I make so few [mistakes] compared to other people and I'm on so much longer and cover so much more stuff than people, but I know I'm going to be and should be held to a higher standard,"
                    All content and writing contained is for amusement purposes only. The board is a parody site with many fabricated and exaggerated fictional pieces on public figures. There should be no implication that any writing is factual as its done for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
                      Are there going to be snacks?
                      Can you make crab puffs or something?

I'll bring the orange gatorade and some homemade beer.
                      Quis is King

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in the City Out West View Post
                        Dooooooo it! I'll earmark you for Tuesdee.

You'll have to find another network for that one.

Here's the latest schedule:

Monday - open
                        Tuesday - Tomkier
                        Wednesday - Bread Hr. 1; Junkie and Stawting Hr. 2 (Prop Bets)
                        Thursday - Andrew Jacobsen
                        Friday - open

Also scheduled but not decided on a timeslot: Matt Shapiro, Checker.

That's the guest list right now. This will be a fun week folks!
                        Dave, I would like to remind you of Section II, Part C of my contract that allows me to opt out and become and free agent, while keeping all current and future royalties of Random Questions if forced to share the bill with someone else.

My agent will be in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
                          Dave, I would like to remind you of Section II, Part C of my contract that allows me to opt out and become and free agent, while keeping all current and future royalties of Random Questions if forced to share the bill with someone else.

My agent will be in touch.

#yotsbatsignal

Comment

Quick update on schedule, I feel like now:

Here's the time slots for the Super Bowl Shows this week.

Monday (tonight): 10pm-12am East. Oh Really, Dave Griffin.
                            Tuesday: 11pm-12am East, Tomkier
                            Wednesday: 10pm-12am East, Bread then Junkie and Stawting
                            Thursday: 11pm-12am East, Andrew Jacobsen
                            Friday: 11pm-12am East, Open.

Guests and Time slots are subject to change.
                            Last edited by Dave in the City Out West; 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in the City Out West View Post

#yotsbatsignal
                              Close, actually it's the firm of YOTS, Rello & Gator. And believe me, they ain't cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X