Today's Birthdays

Collapse

What's Going On?

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 8 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 745 at 07:47 AM on 11-17-2020.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First round predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First round predictions

Washington (1) over Rangers (8) in 6
    I think this Caps team is more suited to play the grind it out games you need to play in the playoffs. I think The Rangiz make a series of it but the Callahan injury is a yuge blow

Buffalo (7) over Philly (2) in 6
    I just dont see Philly making a run this year, they have been nothing without Pronger. I think Miller steals this series for the Sabres

Montreal (6) over Boston (3) in 7
    Best first round series that I could see going either way. The Habs embrassed themselves the game after the Chara hit but I give them a slight edge cause I just see Bahston folding when the times get tight

Tampar (4) over Pittsburgh (5) in 6
    Not looking forward to this series as all. I think the Lighting will score enough and suffocate the Pens into submission

Canucks (1) over Chicago (8) in 5
    Just dont see the Hawks with the depth or talent to survive this year.

Sharks (2) over Kings (7) in 6
    Id love to pick the Kings but the Kopitar injury really puts all the focus on quick. I think Niemi is good enough to carry the Sharks

Phoenix (6) over Detroit (3) in 7
    Maybe its my pure hatred for the Red Wings but I can see Bryzgalov being the difference in this series

Ducks (4) over Preds (5) in 6
    I think the Ducks can be the real x factor in these playoffs. Rinne will keep the series interesting but the Ducks have too much fire power
    Rest In Peace John P. Cloninger

Originally posted by Brad Bensons Ad Agency View Post
    Washington (1) over Rangers (8) in 6
    I think this Caps team is more suited to play the grind it out games you need to play in the playoffs. I think The Rangiz make a series of it but the Callahan injury is a yuge blow

Buffalo (7) over Philly (2) in 6
    I just dont see Philly making a run this year, they have been nothing without Pronger. I think Miller steals this series for the Sabres

Montreal (6) over Boston (3) in 7
    Best first round series that I could see going either way. The Habs embrassed themselves the game after the Chara hit but I give them a slight edge cause I just see Bahston folding when the times get tight

Tampar (4) over Pittsburgh (5) in 6
    Not looking forward to this series as all. I think the Lighting will score enough and suffocate the Pens into submission

Canucks (1) over Chicago (8) in 5
    Just dont see the Hawks with the depth or talent to survive this year.

Sharks (2) over Kings (7) in 6
    Id love to pick the Kings but the Kopitar injury really puts all the focus on quick. I think Niemi is good enough to carry the Sharks

Phoenix (6) over Detroit (3) in 7
    Maybe its my pure hatred for the Red Wings but I can see Bryzgalov being the difference in this series

Ducks (4) over Preds (5) in 6
    I think the Ducks can be the real x factor in these playoffs. Rinne will keep the series interesting but the Ducks have too much fire power
    I can agree with all that. I'm just annoyed I have to watch the Caps celebrate every goal like they just won the Cup.

It's the first round!
    “I would have had to take a pay cut to take the job I was offered,” Francesa said. “If I had done it, I think I would have done well in the NFL, but at the time I decided to stay here.”

Comment

BBAA:

If you're right about the Boston/Montreal series, and I can see Montreal winning it, then it's time to rename Boston "East San Jose".

Comment

Surprised PHX went out so easy. Pitt/TB has been a bizawr series. Philly/Buff is going to 7, no surpise. The Ducks losing is surprising, but they were hurt with the goalie scenario. Also not surprised the Rangers went out in 5. Also not upset. Oh..... @ Vancouver!

Washington really has no excuse not to make it to the Finals.
        “I would have had to take a pay cut to take the job I was offered,” Francesa said. “If I had done it, I think I would have done well in the NFL, but at the time I decided to stay here.”

Comment

This first round has been characterized by blown leads within games and series. Vancouver nearly blows the 3-0 lead. Pens lose the 3-1 advantage and face a game 7. Buffalo loses its 3-2 advantage after winning a game where they blew a 3-0 lead. Rangers game 4 loss was an epic fail. Los Angeles/San Jose seemed like no lead was safe.

It's been entertaining that's for sure.

I wonder if Washington wins the Cup without going through Crosby and Pittsburgh, how much Ovechkin detractors/Crosby supporters will point to that as being the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubber Crosby View Post
            This first round has been characterized by blown leads within games and series. Vancouver nearly blows the 3-0 lead. Pens lose the 3-1 advantage and face a game 7. Buffalo loses its 3-2 advantage after winning a game where they blew a 3-0 lead. Rangers game 4 loss was an epic fail. Los Angeles/San Jose seemed like no lead was safe.

It's been entertaining that's for sure.

I wonder if Washington wins the Cup without going through Crosby and Pittsburgh, how much Ovechkin detractors/Crosby supporters will point to that as being the reason.
            No doubt Pens fans will say it doesn't count.

Vancouver/Washington finals would be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBee View Post
              No doubt Pens fans will say it doesn't count.

Vancouver/Washington finals would be entertaining.
              Isn't it asking a bit much to have two #1s last that long?

Comment

lets see how washington does against a team that can score goals this time
                Originally posted by Russo, Timmy

While we're on the topic of you, I must say you are one of the most perplexing posters on the board to me, specifically your Avatars. I can never, ever even remotely make sense of why you chose what you do in your avatars. They are so seemingly out of left field to me.

Comment

How the Flyers think they are ever going to win anything with a rotation of 3 minor league goalies is beyond me.

Comment

Flyahs are a disastah, they should have never beat the Sabres. Got to say I was very surprised by the amount of support the Lightning are getting down in Tampar. They lead the news on the day of games and I stopped in at a sports bar to watch game 7 and it was packed to the gills with Lightning fans....good job outta them
                    Rest In Peace John P. Cloninger

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Bensons Ad Agency View Post
                      Flyahs are a disastah, they should have never beat the Sabres. Got to say I was very surprised by the amount of support the Lightning are getting down in Tampar. They lead the news on the day of games and I stopped in at a sports bar to watch game 7 and it was packed to the gills with Lightning fans....good job outta them
                      I was down there in October and the regular season was only a couple of weeks old. The guys on the midday show on the flagship station down there talked about them just about everyday at length.

I think Tampa gets a bad rap because of their lack of support for the Rays, but if you put out a consistently competitive team, they'll come out. It's not a bad sports town at all. College and high school football will always be number one by far but they get into the other sports.

Goaltending has always been Philly's downfall. Even when they got to the Finals last year, they kept going back and forth between Boucher and Leighton IIRC. And folks...when you are yanking your goalie in six out of 11 playoff games, you're probably not going to stick around long enough to hoist the Cup. Just saying.
                      You cannot be open for business next year under the management of the Three Stooges anymore...it's ovah!

Comment

A Vancouver/San Jose conference final is oh-so-close, but the Canucks lost tonight. Nashville ain't dead yet. We'll see if the Sharks can finish off Detroit on Sundee. If the Sharks meet the Canucks, one of those long-denied teams will finally reach the Finals. It would be interesting to see who finally gets the monkey off their back and who falls short once again.
                        You cannot be open for business next year under the management of the Three Stooges anymore...it's ovah!

Comment

Sharks getting Cardwell tight. Playoff history catching up to them? Will they fail to live up to expectation again? I wonder if these long Western Conference series are going to catch up with them in the next round or the Finals.

Comment

Working...
                          X