Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

What's Going On?

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 7 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 745 at 07:47 AM on 11-17-2020.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CM Punk Success in UFC - Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM Punk Success in UFC - Yay or Nay?

Not sure if this is the correct subforum for such a question. Do you think he'll do well in the UFC or will he be a bust? I'm conflicted as I'm a Punk fan and want him to do well, but would love to see him back in the WWE!!

Mods - if this is the wrong subforum and should be in a subsubforum, please move.
    Originally posted by The Mawquis
    Like heroes, you don't claim to be one. You just keep walkin' the life.

To respond seriously, and I don't know the answer, but does he actually know how to fight?
    THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE
    What's today's circus?

Comment

Originally posted by yots View Post
      To respond seriously, and I don't know the answer, but does he actually know how to fight?
      I think he's trained with the Gracies for a while...but that doesn't mean he can fight at a top level...IMO, I think he flops...

Comment

Originally posted by Parcells Falling Out View Post
        I think he's trained with the Gracies for a while...but that doesn't mean he can fight at a top level...IMO, I think he flops...
        I'd tend to agree just because unless proven otherwise, he was basically taken off the street, and will fight guys who have been training for these types of fights for years on end.

I mean, take Punk v. Lesnar in a real fight... does it even last a minute?
        What's today's circus?

Comment

I'd tend to agree just because unless proven otherwise, he was basically taken off the street, and will fight guys who have been training for these types of fights for years on end.

I mean, take Punk v. Lesnar in a real fight... does it even last a minute?
          Certainly not, although I think Punk would fight at middleweight while Brock is heavy...but Punk vs. Chris Weidman is a 30 second match as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Parcells Falling Out View Post
            Certainly not, although I think Punk would fight at middleweight while Brock is heavy...but Punk vs. Chris Weidman is a 30 second match as well..
            I know nothing about UFC, but are their weight classes different from boxing?

In boxing, anything over 200lb is a heavyweight, right?

Punk is probably over 200.
            What's today's circus?

Comment

I think he gets his fanny handed to him. He will be protected but you don't just join a league sport in your 30s

Spoiler
              "I make so few [mistakes] compared to other people and I'm on so much longer and cover so much more stuff than people, but I know I'm going to be and should be held to a higher standard,"
              All content and writing contained is for amusement purposes only. The board is a parody site with many fabricated and exaggerated fictional pieces on public figures. There should be no implication that any writing is factual as its done for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

I know nothing about UFC, but are their weight classes different from boxing?

In boxing, anything over 200lb is a heavyweight, right?

Punk is probably over 200.
                Similar classes but weights are increased....believe middleweights in UFC fight around 180...I think WWE Punk can carry 200 lbs...UFC Punk will have to slim down...

Comment

Punk will be back in WWE by next year
                  Originally posted by AntwanBoldin
                  Why is baseball ?
                  Originally posted by PrettyTony
                  Come meet me montrose in Westchester. I'll bang you.

Comment

Working...
                  X